Morning Everyone! It’s February 1st so I’m here to share with you my To Be Read pile for February. I’ve got 5 books on the list this month. 3 are from my unread shelf, 1 is new and 1 is also new that I purchased for book club!
- The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer. This book was recommended to me recently by a dear friend and I trust her judgement. I’ve already started it and I can tell it will be one of those life changing books.
- The Valley of Horses by Jean M. Auel. This is the second book in the Earth’s Children series. I read the first book Clan of the Cave Bear last month and it was an amazing historical fiction book. So I had to go out and buy the next book. I’m looking forward to finding out what happens next to Ayla.
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown. I love Brene Brown and I’ve read almost every book she’s written. I’m really looking forward to this one. I always feel empowered and ready for anything when I finish one of her books. I’m sure this one will be no different.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. This one has been on my unread shelf forever. I keep hearing how amazing this series is but I haven’t picked it up. This book is about a world where everyone is divided into two classes based on their blood type. Red blood are the commoners, they are normal people that serve the silver-blooded elite. The silver blood people have superhuman abilities. The book is about a red blood girl that finds out she might have silver blood, so she’s forced to join the Silver elite and the story unfolds. Sounds pretty cool to me!
- Educated by Tara Westover. This is apparently the most talked about memoir of 2018. So I’m glad our book club decided this should be our February read. I love memoirs, so I’m excited to dive into this one! Tara Westover grew up with her family and didn’t set foot inside a classroom until she was 17. From her unconventional upbringing to ending up with a PhD, this memoir sounds fascinating.
Happy reading guys! Let me know if you have any of these books in your tbr pile!