OMG it’s finally here!!! The #ThrillerOctober readathon begins tomorrow! Below you will find all the rules for participation, information about giveaway entries and buddy reads! All blank templates will be on my Instagram profile in the Readathon Highlight!
- You must read at least one thriller or horror book in the month of October to qualify.
- Please tag me @readwithangie in all Instagram posts about #thrilleroctober because I want to see what you guys are reading!
- All are welcome to join, you don’t have to ask me, just start posting.
- Giveaway prizes are only for public bookish accounts however.
Here are all the ways you can be entered into the giveaway! Don’t forget to tag me so I see it.
- Use the TBR template in your stories!
- Use the wrap up template in your stories!
- Complete the photo challenges by posting on your feed and saying which one(s) you are completing. Note* if you use the same photo to cover multiple challenges, that’s fine, but it only counts as one entry. One post = one entry.
- Post about your thrillers/horrors throughout the month! Every post tagged with the hashtag and tagging me will be eligible. Note* you have to be posting about books you’re actually reading, please don’t just post 60 pictures of thrillers, this is a readathon. I will be judge and jury, the all powerful ruler whether your photo counts, but I’m nice so don’t worry, play fair and your photos will count!
- The Grand prize of a spooky book sleeve and book up to $20 CAD from book depository will go to the person with the most giveaway entries!
- The second place prize of a book up to $20 CAD from book depository will be chosen via random number generator from the rest of the participants.
- The two book winners will get to play Trick or Treat with me! Tick I pick a book for you, Treat you pick a book!
- There are also 10 spooky bookmarks. Each week I will choose 2-3 of my favourite #thrilleroctober feed posts to win a bookmark!
- To win you must be following me, obviously, you must have read at least one thriller in the month and posted about it, and be a public bookish account.
- Entries are eligible from October 1-31 and prize winners will be announced early November.
I am hosting 8 buddy reads through the month of all the thrillers I’m reading. There are also some lovely fellow bookstagrammers hosting buddy reads which I will post about today! So there will be lots of moral support while reading the scary books! If you want to participate in a buddy read for any of the following books, please message me on Instagram. Some of them are almost full just so you know.
- Whisper Man by Alex North
- Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King
- Final Girls by Riley Sager
- Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware
- The Nanny by Gilly MacMillan
- Where Sleeping Dogs Lie by Luc Vors
- The Couple Next Door by Sahri Lapena
- Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay
- Dracula by Bram Stoker hosted by @somewhat.bookish
- The Chestnut Man by Søren Sveistrup hosted by @alireadsbooks
- Lock Every Door by Riley Sager hosted by @bookishlor
- N0S4A2 by Joe Hill hosted by @katieisabookworm
If you would like to host a buddy read for #thrilleroctober please let me know and I will do a join chat for it so all the participants will see.
Okay I think that’s everything! Please let me know if you have any questions and have fun!!!