- I finished The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by VE Schwab on Saturday and I am telling you it’s worth the hype. I barely read Sunday, and am now behind on my reading schedule. Addie LaRue has given me a book hangover. I can’t even write my review yet. I’m still processing!
2. I finished my first holiday read, Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory and it was super cute. An unexpected vacation romance between two divorced 50 somethings. It was bloody adorable. It was my third book by Jasmine Guillory. Her books are always cute, funny and full of food! I love them! I have two left by her that I’m planning to read in February!
3. Sunday I went to Fabricland and bought a bunch of material to make booksleeves for Christmas gifts. So I need to get that done this week before the readathon begins next Thursday!! Have you finished your holiday shopping? I just have to buy some snack foods and finish the booksleeves and then I’m all done! I wrapped all the gifts that I already had on Sunday too!
4. I’m hoping I will catch up on my reading schedule by tomorrow. The book I’m supposed to be reading is called Together by Christmas by Karen Swan. It’s set in Amsterdam, which I love, but it’s a bit slow to start and not capturing my attention. Mostly because I can’t stop thinking about Addie and Henry. I started A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens yesterday and it’s definitely helping!
5. Read Goodbye to 2020 starts next Thursday, December 17th! I’m so excited! Here’s some math to help you out. I know 2,020 pages seems crazy but I have a plan!
2020/15 days = 135 pages per day.
If you read 175 pages per day on the weekend days, you only have to read 120 pages on the week days!
My plan is to try and read 135 pages per day until my vacation starts on December 24th. Then I’m going to try and read as much as I can while on holiday! Everyday will be different and every book will have me in a different mood. So as long as I read at least 135 pages a day, I’ll make it! And you will too! More info about the readathon here!
6. I am hosting a giveaway on my Instagram right now! To celebrate my two year bookstaversary I’m giving two winners, two books of their choice! As long as book depository will ship to you, you can enter! Click here to check it out!