It’s January 31 and today I hit 10k followers on Instagram. I’m feeling very happy and slightly overwhelmed to be honest. All of the sudden I have new features. There is a level of responsibility involved with having a social media platform, and I want to take that seriously. I will do my best to continue the quality content, book reviews, yoga and lots of Chewie pics. I appreciate any feedback on what you expect from my page, and what you expect from a page with 10k+ followers.
Man I have had such a great reading month. Having to switch back to working from home has probably helped. I read 10 books this month! Four of those were my reread of The Court of Thorns and Roses series, two arcs, and some other fun books in between.
- Finished The Kingdom of Flesh and Fire by Jennifer Armentrout and eagerly awaiting April 20, when book 3 is released.
- The Paris Library by Janet Skeslien Charles. It was a lovely historical fiction.
- The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon. This one was creepy and ghosty and kept me up at night, so definitely recommend to thriller fans.
- When Harry Met Minnie by Martha Teichner. This was a sad but heartwarming memoir about two dogs and their owners becoming friends while battling cancer.
- The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow. This was a great low fantasy read all about doors to other worlds and a young woman figuring out who she is.
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo, book 2 and the middle book in a trilogy, it was a bit slow. But it had a good ending that has me looking forward to book 3.
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead. A sad historical fiction about a reform school for boys in the 60’s and the atrocities committed there.
- A Court of Thornes and Roses
- A Court of Mist and Fury
- A Court of Wings and Ruin
- A Court of Frost and Starlight all by Sarah J. Maas. This was my first reread in anticipation of A Court of Silver Flames releasing February 16th. I cannot wait.
- The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi.
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- He Started It by Samantha Downing – I actually started this on audiobook last August but I’m so bad at choosing audiobook over podcasts or music. So it took me way to long to finish it. I ended up hating the ending and gave it 3 stars.
The Bookish Month of Love starts tomorrow. All the love stories and I cannot wait! Are you joining in? Check out my highlights on instagram or the previous post to learn more.