It’s May 31 already! WTF! 2020 felt like the slowest year ever and now 2021 is flying by. I was working from home the entire month of May so of course I got a lot of reading in. I finished 14 books this month, and my reading goal for the year is at 63 of 100 books. I am racing my sister to see who can get to 100 books first and she’s at 60, so it’s close! I’m also doing really well with my nonfiction reading goal! I wanted to read 12 nonfiction books this year and I’m already at 11…. so yeah! The one good thing about being in lockdown!
I had a great mix of genres this month, 3 fantasy, 2 historical fiction, 2 romances, 1 thriller, 3 YA books, 2 nonfiction and 1 mystery.
Here’s what I read:
- The Crown of Gilded Bones by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- The Mercies by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
- The Soulmate Equation by Christina Lauren
- Local Woman Missing by Mary Kubica
- More Than Us by Ryan Jones
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- The Rose Code by Kate Quinn
- A Fate of Wrath and Flame by KA Tucker
- Too Good to be True by Carola Lovering
- My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
- The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory
- Heartstopper Volume 4 by Alice Oseman
- This Changes Everything by Naomi Klein
- Throne of Glass by SJM
I skipped two books on my May Angie Way schedule. One because it never arrived from the publisher, and the other because it doesn’t publish until July and I didn’t feel like reading it haha!
What was your favourite book you read in May? Mine were The Rose Code and The Mercies for fiction and Born a Crime for nonfiction!
I’m so excited to spend the entire month of June reading nothing but fantasy. Take me to another world and let me have an adventure. Check out the details for the June Fantasy readathon here!