Good morning bookworms! I had a pretty good reading month, finishing 9 books! I started the month with one of my most anticipated reads of 2021, One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston. I also read another book I was highly anticipating, Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr. I caught up on a lot of the arcs I had received as well. Which felt like a nice weight off my chest. Even though there are more that I haven’t gotten to. I’ve got a bunch on the list for August too.
Books on the Angie Way Schedule:
- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston – review here
- The Husbands by Chandler Baker – review here
- Shoulder Season by Christina Clancy – DNF
- Dog Days by Ericka Waller – review here
- Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr – review here
- The Kingdom of Copper by S A Chakraborty – review coming soon
- Instamom by Chantel Guertin – review here
- The Therapist by B A Paris – review here
- While We Were Dating by Jasmine Guillory – review here
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas (reread)
- A Touch of Ruin By Scarlett St. Clair – I will probably finish this by Saturday!
I enjoyed all of the books on my list except Shoulder Season which was unfortunately a DNF for me. It just wasn’t doing anything for me. But everything else was 4-5 stars. I really loved The Kingdom of Copper, which is the second book in a series and I have book 3 on my August schedule. I’ve gotten a lot of book mail this month that I can’t wait to read. I’m getting into the dark romantic fantasy world a little bit and finding these books that are not super popular on Instagram but sound really intriguing to me. So I’m hoping to read a few of those in August as well.
How was your reading in July?